Date: Jul 9, 2020
Network Engineer – Tuning
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help craft a more sustainable world.
This is a role for a Network Engineer to perform RAN Initial Tuning activities in the UK representing Ericsson into the customer on a major RAN vendor swap Programme. You will direct customer interaction and responsibility at a working level to deliver against specific requirements, scope and acceptance criteria by investigating Radio access network performance and providing clear improvement plans.
The team will predominantly be based offshore, so experience working within a virtual or remote team will be a required element of experience.
- Deliver Initial tuning activities in accordance with customer requirements by applying Ericsson NDO Tuning and Optimisation methodology.
- Delivery of tuning activities using the planning tools: Aircom, Asset, Planet EV, Atoll, MapInfo and Customer specific PM tools sets
- Collect and analyse drive data and performance statistics. Resolve complex issues utilising optimization tools such as TEMS, XCAL, NEMO, QXDM, Actix, Agilent.
- Provide site and cell level recommendations in parameter changes, feature activations based upon both conventional drive test data and Driverless tuning techniques to improve the system performance
- Prepare argumentation and/or ensure performance meets customer acceptance requirements. Understanding the impact of technology design changes, carrier additions & removals on the Network Performance, Tuning and Optimization following a vendor swap activity
- Detailed knowledge of Ericsson RAN vendor equipment and RAN Counters across all technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G)
- Proven track record of experience (3-5 years) and competence in radio network design, implementation and tuning/optimization on GSM, WCDMA & LTE systems and a proven understanding of RAN performance indicators and utilisation of Ericsson OSS, ENM, and how to operate the optimization tools.
- Experience in providing recommendations to improve a network KPI's, during Tuning and Optimization Phases. Delivering Parameter consistency checks, Parameter tuning, Neighbour tuning, PSC/PCI checks and Swap sectors checks
Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a company who can offer professional progression? Are you keen on a role that offers the option of flexible working? If the answer is Yes to all the above, Ericsson offers all of this and more!
We can offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Network Engineer Job Stage 05
Recruiter: Chris Small
Apply on company website