Date: Jul 9, 2020
Role: Network Engineer - Tuning Lead
Salary: 55,000 - 65,000 per annum
Posting Date: 09/07/2020
Application deadline: 09/08/2020
NETWORK ENGINEER – TUNING LEAD
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help craft a more sustainable world.
This is a high-profile role for a Senior Network Engineer to act as the Initial Tuning Lead Engineer in the UK representing Ericsson into the customer on a major RAN vendor swap Programme. Manage and Develop a team of Initial Tuning onshore and offshore engineers, delivering Initial Tuning activities.
You will be leading and assigning the tasks for RAN Initial Tuning, Post Performance Monitoring and Optimisation teams who are responsible for post-upgrade performance checks and initial tuning.
- Direct customer interaction and responsibility at a senior level with the intention of defining specific requirements, scope and acceptance criteria for the Ericsson Tuning team. Providing both written and verbal updates on progress.
- Deliver Initial tuning activities in accordance with customer requirements by applying Ericsson NDO Tuning and Optimisation methodology. Utilisation of planning e.g: Aircom, Asset, Planet EV, Atoll, MapInfo and Customer specific PM tools sets
- Collect and analyse drive data and performance statistics and solve complex issues utilising optimization tools such as TEMS, XCAL, NEMO, QXDM, Actix, Agilent.
- Detailed knowledge of Ericsson RAN vendor equipment and Ericsson RAN Counters across all technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G)
- Demonstrable track record of high-level competence in radio network design, implementation and tuning/optimization on GSM, WCDMA & LTE systems
- Understanding of RAN performance indicators and utilisation of Ericsson OSS, ENM, and how to operate the optimization tools (EDOS / DOP)
- Demonstrable experience in providing recommendations to improve a network performance indicator, during Tuning and Optimization Phases and effective management of remote teams
Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a company who can offer professional progression? Are you keen on a role that offers the option of flexible working? If the answer is Yes to all the above, Ericsson offers all of this and more!
We can offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Network Engineer Job Stage 07
Recruiter: Chris Small
Apply on company website