Packet Core & Communication Services Integration Engineer
Location: Plano, TX or Bellevue, WA
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson Market Area North America (MANA) Digital Services Packet Core & Communication Services team is growing! We are now looking for Integration Engineers to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part shape our customer legacy!
The full-time program includes a comprehensive development plan comprising on-the-job-training, shadowing, and mentorship.
- Plan the software product deployment and integration work
- Execute software installation, configuration, integration and migration work
- Prepare, document, and execute module test, end-to-end test, and acceptance test
- Troubleshoot, identify defects, fix or seek resolution
- Do occasional scripting & coding
- Work in Ericsson lab, customer lab, and customer production environment
- Identify and drive product or process improvements
- Work in a team environment with excellent collaboration and support
To be successful in the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (IT, Telecom) or other technical field or the equivalent level of experience.
- 1-5 years' experience of software deployment, including installation, configuration, and testing.
- Experience deploying, or supporting Evolved Packet Core IMS, and/or UDM solutions.
- Basic knowledge of 5G core a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of IP networking principles and protocols.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with HTTP.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working in Linux OS environment.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
You might also have
- Knowledge and experience of deploying software in virtual or cloud environments, such as OpenStack, OpenShift, or containerization using Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience of tools for CICD/Automation, DevOps, and Agile ways of working.
- Passion to work in teams for customer projects in a highly collaborative environment.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Apply on company website