Date: Jul 31, 2020
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Predicting the future is essential. Inventing it is powerful. We do both.
Digitalization is redefining the world, 5G is redefining telecommunication and AI & Machine Learning is redefining engineering. Ericsson is central in this transition and wants you to be part of the change.
There has never been a better time for you to make your mark - digitalization of industries are happening now, 5G networks are being rolled out, and data science is revolutionizing technical solutions.
In GAIA, Ericsson's Global AI Accelerator department, Visions are born, new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions are invented and the best performing algorithms are developed.
Do you want to?
- Create the future for Ericsson's AI and ML products?
- In 5G networks, AI and ML are essential to deliver much better performance than today and to utilize the potentials of edge compute.
- Work visionary and strategically?
- The market is moving very fast and the right choices must be made. We are pushing the data science boundaries. How to create new MI offerings for distributed cloud and Internet-of-Things? What solution will best ensure profitability? Who owns the data?
- Work with the latest technical challenges and ensure world-leading performance in our customer's network?
- Did the theory pay off? Are our networks best for huge Super Bowl events in the USA and for high speed trains in Japan? Will the system be fast and reliable enough for remote surgery?
- We are making our networks more resilient, adaptive and optimized through large and complex data. Reinforcement learning, deep learning, semantic reasoning and more conventional learning techniques are in focus. Innovation and patents are key!
- Work with world-class data scientists and radio engineers?
- Constantly improve your competence together with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. Engage with academia, technology vendors and open-source communities to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI's needs.
- Develop your leadership skills?
- Have a central role with and work towards strategic customers and many parts of Ericsson, such as Sales, Customer units, Ericsson Research and Design Units.
Then this is the perfect job for you!
To be successful in the role you must have:
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in data science
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Proven skills in development of AI/ML applications through state-of-the-art frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, H2o, Spark
- Experience of data wrangling and data munging, using Big Data technologies
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Experience in leading projects in the AI/ML Space
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge
- Leadership interest and skills
- Outgoing and easy to cooperate
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation
- Certifying MI MOOCS
- Telecommunication and/or IoT knowledge
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions please contact recruiter, Suma H Venkatagiri, email@example.com.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Apply on company website