Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world's mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole.
We are now looking for a senior technical leader and expert in Enterprise and IoT Solutions to secure Ericsson technology leadership in this expanding area of new possibilities. The digitalization of enterprises and industry verticals creates new business opportunities and it allows telecom operators to capitalize on newly emerging applications in Enterprise and IoT solutions. Example of enterprise services include SD-WAN, SASE and for new IoT use cases how 5G Systems can support verticals like automotive, smart manufacturing, logistics, and smart metering.
The position will work with the novelty and versatility of the use cases and their requirements that need to be overseen with an integrative holistic approach, from the use cases to the realization options in devices, RAN, core network, OSS, BSS, and IoT platforms to complement and improve Ericsson as well as our customer's offerings.
You will drive technology & architecture studies, internal and external industry engagement projects, including participation in industry bodies as well as partner collaboration. As a senior technical leader, you will guide, mentor, challenge and develop individuals, teams and organizations. You will foster a creative and learning culture.
- Owns the Enterprise & IoT Target Architecture and Technology strategy of Ericsson Business Area Digital Services
- Analysis of existing and evolving technologies that will support Ericsson's strategic direction in the Enterprise and IoT domains with focus on the Digital Services portfolio (core and communication networks, OSS, BSS).
- Define industry strategies and establish execution programs
- Drive discussions and interactions related to portfolio architecture and thought leadership both internally and with key customers on CTO/CIO level
- Represent Ericsson as a technical expert in contacts with partners, universities, and at conferences
- Technical evaluation of partner technologies and partnership opportunities
- Find innovation and improvements to address identified opportunities
- MSc or PhD Degree in engineering (IT, Telecom, Computer Science)
- Profound experience in a similar role of strategy, technology or systems management
- Demonstrated ability: technology expertise in Enterprise and IoT technology and service evolution on a complete end-to-end level, across different domains, such as enterprise networking, wireless office, smart manufacturing, industrial automation, smart city, smart metering
- Customer insights from both Telco operators as well as Enterprise/IoT area, in horizontal IT/OT and some Enterprise vertical
- Proficient oral and written English
- Business Understanding
- Excellent Project and Program Management, Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Negotiation and communication skills in a customer-facing environment
- Leading ability in formulating strategies and concepts
- Proven track record of technology innovation
- An international working environment with cooperative teams
- Good work-life balance / flexible working hours
- An exciting learning environment
- Access to state-of-art technology tools
- Working with well-known clients
As the selection process and interviews are ongoing, we encourage you to send your application in English as soon as you can, by 12th May as the latest. Placement: Kista/Sweden. Other locations could be considered for instance Aachen/Germany or Budapest/Hungary.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact recruiter Neena Svensson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring manager Anders Rosengren, Head of Architecture & Technology at Ericsson.
Looking forward to your application!
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson's Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Apply on company website