Date: Jul 10, 2020
Role: FOA Technical Lead
Salary: 60,000 - 70,000 per annum
Posting Date: 10/07/2020
Application deadline: 10/08/2020
FOA Technical Lead
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help craft a more sustainable world.
We are now looking for a FOA Technical Lead responsible for owning the trial activities for Ericsson 4G & 5G RAN in our customer's network in UK. You will also provide profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
In this role you will head the FOA team, driving all Trial activities and acting as the main interface into the customer and internal partners, working closely with RAN Design & Test Lab teams.
You will be handling all aspects 4G and 5G FOA trials, for introduction of new Radio Hardware, Software, Radio Features, RAN transport, Operational/Maintenance functionality, interoperability with other vendor systems, with prime responsibility to achieve customer acceptance for rollout.
- Translate requirements from RAN HLD/LLD into a set of FOA Trial requirements, and propose a feasible trail solution and trial selection area for implementation in the customer network
- Produce and maintain a detailed plan for FOA Trials to support system introduction, including all key phases and inter-dependencies, based on customer requirements & Ericsson RAN design and deployment plans
- Establish and refine the FOA process and ways of working to ensure the FOA Trial Plan can be delivered on time, cost and quality
- Technically direct a team of onshore/offshore engineers to deliver the FOA trials
- Own technical discussions related to trials with Lab Test team, project team, customer & RAN Design team
- Manage the FOA Trials forum and present trials for Go/No-Go approval
- Ensure FOA trials are delivered successfully
- Presentation of FOA trial exit results to customer and other partners
- 8 years of RAN Trials experience with Ericsson Radio & Radio System (ERS) products
- Experience of Technical Leadership
- Knowledge of LTE parameters and features and experience with trials of 5G radio and features
- Ability to easily understand RAN LTE architecture, implications, capacity and limitations
- Experience in producing RAN Trails reports, new product introduction, lab testing and field trial
- Proficient with network tuning & optimisation methods & tools
- Knowledge and experience working on RAN Swap and RAN refresh projects
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK
- Degree Level / HND in Technical Field or Relevant Technical Experience
Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a company who can offer professional progression? Are you keen on a role that offers the option of flexible working?
If the answer is Yes to all the above, Ericsson offers all of this and more!
We can offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Solution Architect Job Stage 07
Recruiter: Chris Small
Apply on company website