Date: May 29, 2020
Ericsson CU: Australia
Functional Area: BDGS (Business Area Digital Services)
Work rights: Australian/NZ citizen or Australian PR preferred
Travel: up to 50% international
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we've made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that'.
We'll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great' and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, the PDU PC PDG SOLUTIONS SERVICES (Product Development Units – Packet Core) team is now looking for Senior Solution Architects. The Solution Architects are responsible for the analysis and design of PCN (Packet Core Network) solutions and acting as technical lead in integration projects.
PDU PC PDG SOLUTIONS SERVICES supports Regional customer engagements & deliveries with focus on new solutions. The team supports all Ericsson Regions by delivering strategic competence to improve customer value in selected engagements. PDU PC PDG SOLUTIONS SERVICES has a meaningful role in building up competence in regions and in the SDU. Role includes also the support of new product and services introductions.
In this role the successful candidate will be required to take lead for customer solutions, with a high level of customer interaction and co-ordination with PDUs, regional Competence Centers and the Customer Technical and Marketing Teams.
The role will involve international travel with assignments lasting from 1 day to 3+ months depending of business needs.
It is a pro-active role requiring good inter-personal skills. It will demand constant interaction with Account Teams and the end customer, in order to understand the operator's business issues, and to be able to find opportunities for evolving our solutions, thereby creating new business. Hence, it also demands good networking capabilities!Key Responsibilities:
- Own the solution analysis & design and act as a technical lead in projects.
- Manage customers' requirements and customer expectations from presales through to the handover stages of the project.
- Participate in customer workshops, provide solution and technical expertise and deliver solution presentations.
- Identify the impacts and risks as a result of the solution introduction, and recommendations on solution evolution.
- Provide leadership and senior competence for integration teams.
- Share and transfer knowledge, and mentor other team members.
- Identify add on sales opportunities via a close cooperation with the customer in the delivery projects and drive business by finding new convergence opportunities based on expanding existing solutions as well as creating new ones.
- Interact with customer, 3rd Party Suppliers, and other Service Delivery organizations.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ICT or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of Telecom experience including at least 2 years in a customer facing role.
- Solid experience as Solution Architect in Ericsson Packet Core, MME, EPG (Mobility Management Entity, Evolved Packet Gateway)
- A critical pre-requisite of these highly visible and senior roles is the willingness and ability to travel and work internationally in line with business requirements.
- PCN design experience and proven experience in the above environment.
- Demonstrated background in customer engagement and demonstrating advanced skills in communicating, leading, influencing, building networks and relationships, planning and delivering results.
- BUGS certification and/or ETCP certifications are advantageous.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute's methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson Australia has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here:https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Apply on company website