Join a hardworking patient and family-centered care team committed to customer service and high-quality care in the growing community of Jamestown, ND. The Psychiatry NP will be responsible for providing and supporting behavioral health care services to individual patients and families across the continuum of care. Work collaboratively with a Pediatrician, Family Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians, Internal Medicine Physician, General Surgeon and Psychologist in a beautiful, new facility that is connected to the new and easily accessible Jamestown Regional Medical Center
- Full-time status; Mon-Fri from 8am-5pm
- Based at Jamestown clinic; outreach to Valley City clinic
- 9-12 Adult and Pediatric patients per day (no inpatient responsibilities)
- Adult and pediatric population
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Mental Requirements:
Advanced practice psychiatric-mental health nurse is limited to the provision of primary mental health care services to those at risk for mental disorders or presently in need of psychiatric-mental health services.
- Designing and conducting mental illness preventive interventions.
- Conducting individual psychotherapy, or family, group and network therapies as needed.
- Conducting health screening and psychiatric evaluation.
- Prescribing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating psychopharmacological and related medications.
- Providing integrated mental health services in general health settings.
- Collaborating with psychiatrists, seeking consultation when necessary and referring patients to other providers (physicians or nurse practitioners in other specialties) when the patient's physical or mental health condition requires it.
- Collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to promote behavioral health services on the continuum of care.
In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Highly developed analytical critical thinking and/or organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships and use tact, discretion and diplomacy when working with others.
- Demonstrates ability to stay calm and focused in environment of multiple demands and uses good judgment in emergency situations.
- Keyboard skills and basic computer skills.
The Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, while working both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. The NP will provide health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, caring for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others. In addition to the responsibilities of a Nurse Practitioner as defined in the description, the Psychiatry NP is responsible for providing and supporting behavioral health care services to individual patients and families across the continuum of care.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Nursing from an accredited institution that followed a specialty track in Mental Health and is certified by a professional nursing organization to exercise advanced nursing competencies including (a) mental health promotion and (b) the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic psychiatric conditions.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in appropriate state.
- State licensure as either an Adult or Family Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Current certification in CPR.
- National certification, in applicable area.
- Successful completion of Essentia Health credentialing process prior to practice
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Join a hardworking patient and family-centered care team committed to customer service and high-quality care in the growing community of Jamestown,...
Apply on company website