The Role and Keys to Success Role Overview
Your main goal will be to insert lenses into the zyl, rimless groove and metal frames while ensuring proper fit, and to inspect lenses and frames to ensure that they are optically and cosmetically accurate. You'll have some supervision, you'll still need to be able to analyze situations and use your judgment. We need to be versatile and able to multitask to keep the workflow moving, so you will rotate into all areas, completing a variety of tasks and cross-training across the whole department. You may even have the chance to complete special projects.
The duties of this position are usually repetitive, but each day will be a bit different as you rotate to the different areas. Specific duties include inserting and securing lenses into the frame, performing a cosmetic inspection of the lenses and frame, and using the lensometer to check for power, prism, axis, frame alignment, PD's, seg height and lens fit. You'll begin the job with a multi-week training, so if you don't have experience with these tasks you'll still be set up well for success. Once you're fully trained, you'll be expected to meet quotas in a fast-paced environment.
Keys to Success
We provide a friendly and fun environment, while still meeting the business needs. You'll train on QA at first, but change will be ongoing and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. If you are willing and able to learn, reliable, confident in working independently, and you enjoy the quiet of a small team on the third shift, this role could be a good fit for you.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Lab Technician – QA Inspector, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Lab Technician - Blocker/1st Inspector opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Quick question for you - click here
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred, and optical experience would be ideal. Quick question for you - click here
- Mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
Apply on company website