The Role and Keys to Success Role Overview
You will be part of the team creating lenses according to doctor's specifications, but while you'll have some supervision, you'll still need to be able to analyze situations and use your judgment. We need to be versatile and able to multitask to keep the workflow moving, so you will rotate into all areas of the surfacing department, completing a variety of tasks cross-training across the whole department. Quick question for you - click here
The duties of this position are usually repetitive, but each day will be a bit different as you rotate to the different areas. Specific duties include taping and blocking the lenses, generating, pulling tools, fining and polishing, and lens washing.
Keys to Success
This is a goal-oriented department that loves to make work fun and reward people for doing it. We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. If you are someone who is willing to show up and try, as well as to think and learn, every single day, then you'll find success here.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Lab Technician – Surface Technician, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Lab Technician – Digital Surface Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Quick question for you - click here
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred, and optical experience would be ideal.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to troubleshoot machinery as needed.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We have multiple shifts open for the Surface Tech position—including the 2nd (3 pm - 11 pm) and 3rd shift (11 pm - 7 am). We are customer-driven so we'll expect you to be flexible about working overtime and occasional weekends as needed.
Apply on company website