The Role Role Overview
Depending on your experience, you may come on board as a Machine Operator I or II. To excel in either role you will work at a fast pace, use good hand-eye coordination and stay focused on details throughout your shift. Quick question for you - click here
- As Machine Operator I you will clip, load, unload, inspect and test lenses using various equipment.
- As Machine Operator II you will apply air coating and prepare lenses for anti-reflective coating, and load them into various equipment such as vacuum chambers.
We'll provide training, but change will be ongoing, and your own role may evolve. We're looking for adaptable and flexible people who can excel in a fast-paced production environment. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Lab Technician - Machine Operator, you will:
- Bring a proactive approach to learning and getting up to speed quickly.
- Support our commitment to getting Quality Right the First Time.
- Achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as processes change.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workspace.
- Bring a commitment to our mission and goals.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Lab Technician - Machine Operator opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Quick question for you - click here
- 1+ years of related work experience, such as in manufacturing; experience in lab settings is preferred, and optical experience would be ideal.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- The ability to:
- Meet measurable standards in a dynamic production environment.
- Add, subtract and understand decimal sequencing.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Depth perception and manual dexterity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- This position requires that you stand and walk for the duration of any shift.
- You'll work with and around chemicals.
- Your work area may be wet and/or dirty and or have a strong smell.
- You'll need to be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs. to waist height on a regular basis.
- We are customer driven, so we'll look to you to be flexible about working overtime as needed.
Apply on company website