Position Summary: Functions as a member of the Practice team working in both Front and Back Office Clerical and Clinical services.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent experience. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Skills: Knowledge of venipuncture and EKG. Requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to work independently. Requires good communication skills and telephone techniques. Must work well under pressure. Must have a thorough knowledge of ancillary testing procedures.
Experience: Minimum of two or three year's hospital or physician's office experience required.
Certification: Medical Assistance Certification or Registered MA required.
• Performs all medical procedures necessary (ie. Venipunctures, vital signs and EKGs) on all patients as required. Explains testing procedure to patient s prior to test.
• Receives specimens from patients.
• Manually documents information required for patients' specimens and tests completed, in various ancillary departments medical records.
• Visually reviews test results for completion and abnormalities.
• Will schedule and register patients in the doctor's office, answer telephones, meet and greet patients and assist physicians in all other matters pertaining to the Physician's office.
• Accurately documents patient's history and medications.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Responsible for tracking ACO quality metrics.
• Work with physician and other MA's, in the office, to ensure quality metrics are being met on a monthly basis
Apply on company website