Staffs the Emergency Department, as an actively participating patient care provider. May take on a full patient assignment in collaboration with RN.
- 1 to 3 years of direct experience
- HS or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Nationally Registered Paramedic
- NH state Paramedic license within 30 days of hire
- CPR certified on hire; ACLS/PALS within 90 days
- Performs as part of the patient care delivery team in the emergency Department, accepting a full patient assignment in collaboration with RN.
- Works collaboratively with all other patient care team members with responsibilities to include; cardiac monitoring, O2 therapy, airway management, EKGs, phlebotomy, IV therapy medication administration, splinting, crutch fitting, suture setup and vital sign measurement.
- Performs patient assessments, treatments and discharge of patients presenting to the ED.
- Completes requirement paperwork and documents all patient care activities in the patients' electronic medical records, ensuring accuracy of the record.
- Monitors the medical condition of patients and documents and reports changes to appropriate personnel.
- Functions as part of the Code team in the emergency department. Performs CPR, ACLS and PALS.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all Emergency Department equipment. Assists in checking and maintaining supplies in the ED.
- Functions as a clinical preceptor for new staff and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice as defined by the State of NH EMS protocols.
- Performs additional duties and tasks as trained.
Apply on company website