Measures electrical activity of brain waves using an electroencephalograph (EEG) instrument for use in diagnosis of brain and nervous system disorders by performing the following duties.
- Associates degree in Neurodiagnostics or equivalent experience performing EEGs for 2+ years
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Prepares patient and explains testing procedures. Performs Electroencephalograms and Ambulatory EEG's using the standard 10/20 system.
- Uses activating procedures as necessary (hyperventilation, photic stimulation, sleep).
- Obtains applicable medical history and current medication list and inputs into EMR.
- Records montage (electrode combination) and instrument settings and observes and notes patient's behavior during test.
- Notifies reading physician of EEG for analysis and interpretation. Reports any concerns or findings promptly.
- Cleans and maintains equipment (EEG machine and accessories). Replenish supplies as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website