Clinically supports the activities of the Department of Anesthesia. Maintains equipment and supplies according to established practices of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Tech Registration required upon hire
- 2 years Anesthesia Technician experience preferred
Medical terminology; hospital experience in acute care setting as LNA,Emergency Room Tech, etc. or other healthcare related field preferred.
- Cer.A.T.T. (ASATT certification) preferred, individual must be willing to pursue certification after hire.
- Sets up and checks equipment; supplies and inventory including anesthesia machines; monitors; invasive lines; non-controlled pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains; coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs and serves as a resource for anesthesia machines and speciality equipment including waste gas monitoring.
- Working closely with OR materials manager to maintain anesthesia supply inventory; establish par levels; monitor outdates. performing cycle counts to minimize waste and assure integrity and availability of supplies in areas where anesthesia care is provided.
- Assists anesthesia providers by gathering and setting up equipment and supplies for clinical procedures such as invasive line insertion; regional blocks; awake intubations; and patient transfers directly from the OR to a critical care area.
- Works collaboratively with pharmacy to assure supplies of non-controlled medications are readily available. Monitors and restocks non-controlled pharmaceutical supplies in anesthesia Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinets.
- Maintains difficult airway supplies and anesthesia supply carts in all locations to assure standardization and availability of necessary supplies and equipment.
- Removes and replaces oxygen and other gas cylinders as necessary.
- Maintains a safe environment by monitoring sharps and biohazard containers and emptying and restocking as needed.
- Provides and/or helps coordinate education in collaboration with OR charge nurse and/or anesthesia providers on new devices; maintenance of equipment and current practice topics through professional organization.
- Performs duties of Surgical and Anesthesia Support Aide; job code number 599232.
Apply on company website