Direct supervisor for a defined segment of the population in a patient care or business area, including responsibility for daily clinical operations and people management. Coordinates the Case Management activities of the department.
- 3-5 years of directly related experience
- BSN Degree
- RN license - NH or other Compact State
- Performs all duties of a Case Manager, to include discharge planning, utilization review, and resource utilization.
- Able to provide anticipatory planning related to the needs of patients, staffing and department needs. Serves as a resource to case management staff in addressing issues, questions, and resolving problems.
- Supports the clinical and professional development of Case Management staff through mentoring and role modeling. Recommends specific programming to build the skill set of staff. Engages the staff in clinical rounds and provides formal and information educational opportunities improve the skills of staff.
- Reviews and shares data on patient outcomes and is a member of the Utilization Review Committee. Works with interdisciplinary team members and Director to review performance improvement indicators based on best practices and works to implement and evaluate Case Management improvement initiatives. Works collaboratively with management and colleagues to ensure departmental needs/goals are met.
- Assimilates and applies research-based information to design, implement and evaluate Case Management interventions for patients. Supports staff in problem-solving and in particular with complex care patients. Assures that case management intervention meets established clinical, legal and regulatory standards. Reviews and revises departmental policies to reflect current standards.
- Communicates organizational information to all staff on a regular and timely basis; models excellent interdisciplinary communications.
- Serves as a steward of resources: fiscal, personnel, materials and time. Is knowledgeable and can articulate the professional scope and standards of practice for their practice area.
- Responsible for human resources management of staff including evaluating, developing, addressing and resolving clinical practice and/or behavioral issues that impact the delivery of care on the unit. Assists with hiring/firing decisions. Provide oversight and coordination of orientation for new hires and RN Travelers.
- Supervises the daily work of the department team members to ensure proper clinical care/care delivery, policy compliance, smooth technical operations, quality management (including analysis of Midas reports) and customer satisfaction. Demonstrates clinical leadership skill and is able to organize, manage, and evaluate the function of a team while maintaining a safe environment for staff and patients. Provides input to departmental budgets.
- Represents case management on hospital committees as appropriate.
Apply on company website