Provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients of Exeter Hospital including but not limited to oversight monitoring preparation dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems; ensure compliance with Federal State and local laws and regulation as well as proper storage and documentation. Following physician's orders reviews medication orders compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceuticals.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D.) or BS Pharmacy with advanced training
- 1-3 years experience
- Pharmacist - NH licensed
- Review and monitor patient's medication therapy and orders written by appropriate caregivers for safety and efficacy considering specific patient conditions and health status; advise patient care team of issues with, or possible enhancements to, patient's medication therapy and document such interventions.
- Consults with physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosages, interactions and side effects of medications. Includes Renal dosing, monitoring culture and sensitivity reports, appropriateness of lab values, monitoring medication levels, Adverse Drug Events.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications accurately and efficiently for patients in accordance with physicians' prescriptions; ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations including hospital policies pertaining to the dispensing of all medications, drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of required records.
- Maintains appropriate records of dispensing and oversee and maintain the systems that charge or credit for medications and medication treatments.
- Ensures proper documentation and record keeping is done for all medications with particular attention to controlled substances.
- Oversees and monitors all aspects of the medication process; collect data and present reports and recommendations regarding issues with the medication systems.
- Oversees and/or prepares sterile solutions utilizing USP 797 and non sterile utilizing USP 795 practice guidelines.
- Oversees activities with technical staff to ensure accurate and timely delivery of medications to patient care areas. Orients, trains and mentors new staff as appropriate.
Apply on company website