Provides release of information (ROI) support on a daily basis, working independently and prioritizing according to customer and workflow needs. Provide administrative support by floating as needed based on the department workflow and priorities. Sign of Bonus
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Evaluates the validity of all continuation of care (COC), STAT (urgent request) and other requests within the department. Responds daily to medical record requests received from, but not limited to, health care providers, patients, attorneys, third party payers, disability, and requests from internal departments according to department policy.
- Answers a high volume of telephone calls while providing exceptional customer service at the HIM customer service desk as needed.
- Assists with patients that present to HIM to obtain medical records as needed.
- Opens, scans, and distributes a high volume amount of mail to the appropriate recipient daily.
- Performs any/all HIT l and HIT II job responsibilities, as outlined in the respective job descriptions, as required.
- Enters request information into ROI logging system.
- Regularly review the ROI email mailbox each day and respond to appropriate emails as needed. Ensure all COC and STAT requests are fulfilled timely.
- Float where needed according to task competencies as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website