DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
NOTE: This is a part-time position!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Food and Nutrition Services Clerk for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Contributes to patient/customer satisfaction and ensures accurately prepared meals by:
- Visiting, interviewing and documenting assigned patient food preferences within 24 hours of diet order.
- Prepares all patient menus according to prescribed diet with audit results of 95% accuracy.
- Maintains and updates cardex files on all patients, listing pertinent patient identification information, prescribed diet etc.
- Ensure pattern cards are perpared for patients with diabetes ot renal disease based upon patient's normal eating habits and through consulting/ conferring with the dietitians.
- Maintains effective communication with patient and family. Ensures patients are informed of additional food item availability.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with dietary team; communicates patient nutritional and food service concerns to the dietician and or manager as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or an unanticipated outcome in the patient's care, which results in patient harm.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets preferred.
- 1-2 years experience as a Diet Tech strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Strong customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
The staff at Fawcett Memorial Hospital continually meets the high standards required to care for the unique needs of our patients. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 237-bed facility serves the Port Charlotte area.
· If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website