DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care and compassion, and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute-care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the area's most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the America's Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2017 which puts the facility in the top 2% in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is currently accepting applications for an Ultrasound Technologist (Sonographer) on a full-time basis. Associate Degree, RDMS (AB, OB/GYN) or RVT and BLS required.The Sonographer will:
- Demonstrates concern and empathy to patients; Demonstrates accountability and responsibility.
- Performs procedures in a caring, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Prepares and positions patients and equipment in a safe, competent manner in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Conducts pre-examination and evaluation and documents all pertinent patient information prior to exam, i.e., patient history, pregnancy, allergies and obtains informed consent.
- Maintains effective communication with patient; Provides explanation of procedures.
- Proactively communicates with radiologists regarding any unusual clinical findings or history.
- Demonstrates use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care; Collaborates and confers with radiologists, colleagues and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate.
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is #1, apply now!
HCA offers an excellent total compensation package which includes a competitive salary, numerous benefits options and excellent growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do exceptional work with us. Your benefits include 401k with match, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, generous tuition reimbursement, and an employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
- Associate Degree (Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
- Minimum of 1-3 years current/recent experience as an Ultrasound Technologist (or Sonographer); Acute-care hospital setting preferred
- RDMS certification (RVT, AB, or OB/GYN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website