Position Information Position Information Position Title: Director of Development and Gift Planning Position Number: 000030 Full-time or Part-time: Full Time Department: Institutional Advancement Posting Number: 0401301 SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty) Job Category: Exec, Admin, Managerial Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Division of Institutional Advancement serves to connect external parties with opportunities to partner, support and participate with Fayetteville State University and its programming. The division is responsible for all development and fundraising-related activities and the planning and organization of university relations and public affairs programs.
The division is organized to conduct the major following functions: major gifts solicitations, annual giving and relationship management, planned giving, corporate and foundation giving, alumni relations, capital campaign planning and implementation, processing and acknowledgement, prospect research.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This position involves cultivation and solicitation of donors; active, ongoing personal stewardship of supporters; activities that build and enhance relationships between the University and external constituencies; and the development and dissemination of relevant information about the University. This professional will be responsible for soliciting planned gifts, typically above $25,000, from all donor types. This position will focus on discovery, cultivation, and solicitation of planned gifts from individual donors to Fayetteville State University. This position may work with other development officers to present blended gift proposals that include both a cash gift to the university and a planned gift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as principal planned giving officer and go on initial visits to qualify individuals as potential planned gift prospects to Fayetteville State University
• Manage a portfolio of 75-100 prospective donors to Fayetteville State University
• Make approximately 9-12 visits a month to prospective donors to inform them of the work of the university and to steward them for their past support
• Position requires a master’s degree; or a Bachelor’s degree in any field with 5-7 years of experience in higher education fundraising, non-profit fundraising, sales, marketing, or other related field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
•Significant willingness to take personal initiative and an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
•Familiarity with relationship management software.
•Willingness to travel in Fayetteville and the surrounding region
•Propose travel plans for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts and work with the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development.
• Experience in gift planning, estate law, or related field is a plus.Special Instructions to Applicants: Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Additional Information for Applicants
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.Veteran's Statement
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a master's degree; or a bachelor's degree in any field with 5-7 years of experience in higher education fundraising, non-profit fundraising, sales, marketing or other related field?
- * Do you possess experience in gift planning, estate law or related field?
- * Are you proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel)?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
Apply on company website