Position Information Position Information Position Title: Early College Liaison Position Number: 000385 Full-time or Part-time: Full Time Department: University College Posting Number: 0401306 SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty) Job Category: Professional Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience Overall Position Competency: EHRA Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
University College is the unit in Academic Affairs ensuring that Fayetteville State University students make a successful transition to the University, master the University’s core student learning outcomes, enter the major program of their choice, and graduate in a timely manner. The mission of University College is to provide educational opportunity to the citizens of North Carolina, to the military, and to individuals from around the nation through outreach programs; to provide the highest quality learning experiences; and to produce global citizens and leaders as change agents for shaping the future of the state by promoting the mastery of core student learning outcomes. University College promotes excellence through engaging instruction in the core curriculum, through effective academic support, through outstanding academic advisement, and through innovative enrichment programs.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This individual serves as the College Liaison between Fayetteville State University and Cross Creek Early College (12 month position). The Cross Creek College Liaison facilitates the development of positive relationships between the higher education partner and the Early College by bridging the gap and keeping communication lines open. As the chief advocate for the support to the early college high school, 90 percent or greater of duties and time should be devoted to directly serving students and meeting program needs of the early college high school.
This position (College Liaison) reports to the administrator of the early college and Associate Dean of University College. This position maintains correspondence and communication records with Fayetteville State University (Office of Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Transfer and Advisement, etc.), retains records necessary for evaluation of the program (surveys, qualitative, digital communication, etc.), and increases cooperation with the Admissions Office to recruit students. The College Liaison facilitates the transition of Early College students on the campus of FSU and early colleges at large through University College (First Steps and Early College Freshman Seminar).Description of Work Continued:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with counselor and appropriate grade level teacher to develop a coursework plan.
• Meet with each sophomore to develop their four-year plan during spring semester.
• Meet with each junior to review their four-year plan during fall semester.
• Teach 1-2 Early College Freshman Seminar Classes.
• Maintain student information for registration purposes.
• Ensure students have met the prerequisite requirements before registering them for college courses.
• Assist CCECHS staff with the registration process of students in postsecondary courses.
• Print student schedules on the day after the drop/add period ends each semester.
• Participate in all juniors and senior meetings and submit information for the parent newsletter on a monthly basis.
• Secure needed resources from the university for early college events and activities.
• Identify and monitor students in academic trouble (students on academic probation, in jeopardy of being on academic probation, students with a 2.5 unweighted high school GPA or lower, etc.
• Ensure Juniors and Seniors utilize resources to be successful in college classes.
• Generate a spreadsheet with the results of the “Early Alert” email, career goals, and areas of need for each Junior and Senior to review with the principal each month.
• Provide individual Accuplacer results to the school counselor for math placement
• Assist college textbook distribution and collection.
• Participate in CCECHS committees, faculty meetings, and extracurricular activities.
• Perform other duties as requested by CCECHS principal.
Master’s Degree, or a BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Education, Business Administration and 3 years’ experienceKnowledge skills and abilities: Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience in the K-12 educational setting.Special Instructions to Applicants: Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Additional Information for Applicants
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.Veteran's Statement
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * If you do not possess a master's degree, do you at least possess a BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Education and three (3) years of experience?
- * Do you have previous experience working in the K-12 public education setting?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
Apply on company website