Position Information Position Information Position Title: Temporary Pool--Building Environmental Services Technician (Housekeeper) Position Number: 6088-Temp-Staff Full-time or Part-time: Part Time Department: Facilities Management Posting Number: 0401857 SHRA/EHRA: SHRA Job Category: Temporary Hiring Range: $10 - $12/hourly Minimum salary: $10.61-$12.43 Maximum salary: Hourly Rate Overall Position Competency: TMP Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Division of Facilities Management functions are to design, construct, maintain and operate the physical facilities of the University. The number one objective of the department is to provide and maintain facilities that will enhance and support the mission and academic goals of the University. Our approach is centered upon providing a superior level of customer service. The primary responsibility of the organizational unit is providing cleaning, sanitizing and floor care to campus housing for approximately 1600 students.Description of Work Continued:
The overall function of this position is to utilize a standard cleaning assignment to clean and sanitize an area of responsibility within a residential building. The position is also responsible for reporting discrepancies found within the building in addition to responding to emergencies and inclement weather. The position will use standard housekeeping equipment to accomplish assigned tasks. Utilize standard housekeeping equipment, tools, and supplies to accomplish basic cleaning tasks such as vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, dusting, disinfecting, and replenishing. Remove recycling from centralized indoor recycling sites.
This position is scheduled for approximately 29 hours per week with the possibility of working up to 40 hours per week to support campus events. Employees will be given advanced notice when required to work weekend event hours.
• Pick up waste materials and empties trash and recycling containers and transports to outside dumpsters as needed.
• Cleaning of resident rooms including walls washing, furniture, and windows.
• Dust mop and wet mop stairwells, entryways, hard floors of corridors, lounges and utility areas
• Clean windows/glass daily or as assigned.
• Coordinate specific cleaning times of private spaces with residents and housing staff
• Clean and sanitize all bathroom fixtures, waste receptacles, drains, walls, stalls, and floors
• Major cleaning of common areas including bathrooms, entryways, stairwells, elevators, laundry rooms, kitchenettes, etc.
• Scrub, strip, seal and buff hard floor areas
• Dust, vacuum, spot clean and extract furniture
• Ensure proper functioning of vents and fixtures
• Maintain adequate supply of paper towel, toilet paper, and soap in restrooms for occupant use.
• Must be willing to clean up emergency spills, vomit, urine, and excrement when it occurs.
• Report to supervisor any damage or items that need repair.
• Performs all related work as requested by the supervisor
• Perform project cleaning during breaks, and when space is accessible.
• May be required to strip and refinish floors, as well as clean and extract carpets.
• May be required to perform seasonal window washing.
• Perform cleaning of areas exposed to mold or mildew using proper PPE and chemicals (less than 100 sf.)
• Assist with application of salt at building entrances during inclement weather.
• Ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed
• Asks necessary questions to complete their tasks
• Ensure that personal protective equipment is used to prevent injury to self and others
• Maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
• Anticipate customer needs, address and resolve concerns promptly and respectfully
• Monitor the process to ensure customers are well satisfied.
• Recognize how work activities and behavior impact clients and the University.
• Demonstrate ability to make recommendations resulting in improved processes within monetary constraints.
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The position will work on-call periods and respond to emergencies during those times. Weekend hours may be required.Knowledge skills and abilities:
Knowledge – Technical: Possession of a designated level of technical skill or knowledge in a specific technical area(s) and the
ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. May be acquired through academic, apprenticeship
or on-the-job training or a combination of these.
Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources and
identify alternative solutions.
Attention to Detail: Ability to accomplishes tasks and processes accurately and completely.
Adaptability: Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment. Ability to
adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains effective working relationships with others in order to encourage and support
communication and team work.
Initiative: Ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives. Ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
Ability to be proactive.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience?
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Apply on company website