Join the Pharmaceutical Calibrations and Instrumentation (PCI) team! We are seeking a Senior Calibration Technician with experience in laboratory instruments to perform calibration, repair and maintenance at our client pharmaceutical facilities in the Thousand Oaks / Los Angeles metro area and other locations as needed.
Laboratory calibration experience sought include the following: Titrators, Spectrometers, Calorimeters, Particle/Cell Counters and Analyzers, Chillers, Evaporators, and other similar instruments in an FDA-regulated setting. If you prefer working at a fast pace, on the go instead of at a desk, have a passion for performing quality work, and have a strong electronics or instrumentation background, this position may be just for you! The Senior Calibration Technician reports directly to the Team Leader, Manager, or Director depending on the organizational structure. These positions are non-exempt. Twenty five percent travel may be required based on project and client needs.
Calibration Technicians complete calibrations, qualifications, repair and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, following PCI and/or client specific policies and procedures. They are expected to take a proactive role in supporting the Team and in providing client support and are expected to build a high level of trust with internal and client personnel. This trust is developed through consistently upholding PCI Values and demonstrating Honesty, Integrity, Pride, Accountability, Teamwork, and Commitment.
In addition to the above expectations, the technician is expected to identify and execute tasks that enhance the ability of PCI to provide an ‘added value' service for clients and provide guidance and direction on technical issues. Tech II's have a higher level of technical experience and expertise to troubleshoot issues, as well as assist in providing innovative, creative, effective, and long-term solutions.
In addition to the above expectations, the technician is expected to build a high level of interaction with the Client, Project, and PCI to provide strategic direction. This high level of interaction is developed through consistently being a subject matter expert by providing high level direction, tactical thoroughness, reliability, strategic initiative and consistent follow-through. The Tech SR works closely with clients to evaluate, demonstrate, and initiate value-added solutions and services.
Senior Calibration Technician
- Oversees and supervises calibrations, qualifications, and PMs with accurate and timely GxP documentation, ensuring all Team members follow PCI or client specific policies and procedures, and in a safe manner.
- Lab instrument troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Provides guidance, direction and effective solutions to clients and PCI technical resources.
- Upholds, mentors, and is a role model to other PCI Associates on the PCI philosophy and values through honesty, integrity, self-motivation, teamwork, pride and commitment.
- Proactively takes steps to ensure PCI and client owned equipment is handled and maintained properly, as well as trains other Associates on proper use and handling.
- Develops client quotes and proposals.
- Provides oversight and project planning including time codes, schedules, test equipment, documentation, and ensures client requirements are met. Also, responsible for ensuring accurate and timely scheduling, resource allocation, proposal and quotation development, Labor Utilization Reports (LURs), fixed cost and T&E project management for profitability. Must have the ability to identify scope changes and communicate to client, as well as, process the scope change request documentation ensuring that time coding and billing are accurate in regard to the scope change.
- Proactively assesses project safety concerns and ensures PCI Team members follow any and all client and/or PCI site safety requirements.
- Strategically assesses client environments, needs, and requirements to develop and initiate effective solutions and through established solid relationships with clients, delivers successful execution.
- Takes client relations initiative and proactively seeks to expand PCI services. A Tech SR may lead projects and serve as “Account Manager” for select clients based on strong client ties and business needs.
Senior Calibration Technician
- Expert knowledge and application of instrument, equipment, and loop calibrations of various parameters in manufacturing, utilities, and laboratory environments.
- Exceptional Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) skills.
- Navigates and utilizes MAS500 Pivot Table and project KPI module to support team leaders and project managers effectively manage LUR & project expenses.
- Develops and updates PCI Policies and Procedures, understands and interprets Government Regulations and instrumentation/calibration principles and provides training and guidance to Tech I and Tech II resources. Assists clients with development and revision of policies and procedures as necessary.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills with clients and coworkers.
- Thorough electrical panel knowledge and safety practices.
- Excellent negotiation skills with direct identification, development, and implementation of negotiation policies and processes in accordance with PCI objectives. Develops negotiation strategy on complex issues. Significant ability to effectively influence and guide others.
- Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial issues and profit and loss implications. Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail while keeping strategic company goals in focus.
- PCI Trained Mentor. Sought after by technical staff for advice in technical or proposal issues, diplomacy, and ethical practices. Active in PCI onboarding process. Provides both on the job and specialized technical training. Strong applied and working knowledge of FDA; GMP; GLP; compliance and NIST traceability. Expert knowledge of test equipment and capabilities such as tolerance requirements and 4:1 TAR.
- Actively involved with an external professional organization (ISPE, ASQ, PDA, etc.). External certification preferred (ISA, ASQ, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge and capability with incubators, centrifuges, balances, refrigerators and freezers, stability chambers, chromatography (HPLC or GC), spectrophotometers, other general laboratory equipment as needed per clients. (Analytical Team Only)
- Dependent upon client needs, may require an expert level knowledge and working capability with RT-PCR, bio analyzers, gel imagers, scintillation counters, and cytometers; Histology Equipment, such as microtomes, slide strainers, tissue processors, harvesters, homogenizers, and microscopes; and/or Liquid Automation / Robotics / HTS, such as liquid handlers, plate stackers, plate readers, and plate washers. (Analytical Team Only)
Experience & Education Required for Senior Calibration Technician:
A four-year degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Electronics, other related technical field or equivalent military training and four plus years of applicable (Metrology, Instrumentation, Calibration) experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Quality System/Pharmaceutical experience is required.
PCI is proud to serve pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and clinical research industries nationwide by providing calibration, commissioning and consulting solutions. At PCI, calibrations are performed by highly technical, cGMP/GLP-trained personnel who are knowledgeable in quality guidelines enforced by the FDA, EPA and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. PCI is an FCX Performance Company and a Subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT); a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website