As a member of the Design Strategy Team, you will work tocontribute to Fidelity's future growth using human-centered design to understand customers, generate new offerings and rapidly experiment new ideas. You will dig into challenging, ambiguous, human-centered problems that you might not immediately associate with the investment world, but which are on the forefront of where finance, technology, work, currency, health, global business, and data intersect. You will be charged with designing and conducting the research, understanding the human lens of the problem, identifying insights and opportunity areas, leading ideation, and testing through prototypes. Ultimately, your responsibility is to develop human-centered strategies and ensure the team retains its focus to the strategy.
The Design Strategy practice started in 2005 and has strong executive support—often, the projects read-out to the CEO and chair of Fidelity Investments. The Design Strategy practice sits within Fidelity Consulting. We tackle early stage opportunity areas — such as how to help immigrants establish themselves in the U.S. financial system — and help core products improve customer experiences using the human-centered design paired with business analysis to move from broad opportunity spaces to specific product concepts.
You will not only have the chance to work with teammates from leading schools and design firms. Team members say they love working here because they can sink their teeth into tricky problems, have balanced lives, and continue to hone their craft in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The Expertise We're Looking For
· 5-8 years of experience in Design Research / Design Strategy / Experience Strategy
· Background working on multiple projects at a design or innovation firm
· Can lead a cross-disciplinary team in empathy work
· Knows how to lead small teams through ideation
· Is appreciated for being a master story-crafter and storyteller
· Optimistic, creative, and curious
The Purpose of Your Role
You are the main advocate for the customer, identifying growth opportunities through translating peoples' needs and aspirations into design. You will make sure the human voice is never lost in decision-making.
The Skills You Bring
· Ability to design and execute qualitative research using a number of methods based on project goals and timelines
- Synthesis expertise—ability to get to the “so what,” actionable insights, key frameworks, and opportunity areas from research so the whole team can move forward
- Guiding the team through ideation and concept development.
- Can test prototypes, taking learnings as a springboard for iteration
- Navigating a complex organization and managing stakeholder relationships
- Bonus points for
- Quantitative research methods
- Usability testing
- Designing from data
- Experience and comfort working within a highly-regulated industry (e.g. health care, financial services)
The Value You Deliver
· Lead the team see the human side of every conversation
· Help the team collaborate effectively
· Lead the team draw insights from the user research, get why it's so important, and keep that voice alive
· Lead the team see where, when, and why to prototype
· Championing the value of design to team members and stakeholders
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Our greatest inspiration will come from outside our walls; our customers hold the opportunities in their hearts, in their minds, and in their guts. They need people like you to interpret their needs from between the lines of what they say. You and your team will develop new products and improve existing ones that help people achieve their goals.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications: Category: Information Technology
Apply on company website