The Fidelity Health Care Technology group is actively seeking a Principal Android Engineer to help craft and build the next generation mobile solutions for use across the digital health care applications suite.The Team
As a Principal Android Engineer within the Fidelity Health Care Technology Group, you will be encouraged to work closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors to review requirements, build technical designs and implement solutions in an Agile environment.The Expertise You Have
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of professional experience developing Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Verifiable experience as a technical leader using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of Android engineers
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs
- Proven experience designing, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Solid knowledge with Kotlin/Java and the Open Source stack technologies
- In-depth knowledge secure coding standards and practices
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar, JaCoCo or equivalent)
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization
- Your ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Your desire and aptitude for learning innovative technologies
- Your previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- You follow standard methodologies for code development
- Proven experience integrating with APIs with a strong understanding of RESTful web services.
- Hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing Android design patterns including MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture with a focus on Test Driven Development
- Good understanding of Android Architecture Components like LiveData, Room and ViewModel as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
- The ability to communicate problems and recommend solutions to project leaders
- Defining and developing mobile applications for our FHG Digital products
- Working closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and unit testing developed components.
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Mentoring and developing more junior technical staff
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website