In this role, you will serve as a Principle Software Engineer who will play a Technical Lead role within the Workplace Investing Digital Platforms Plan Sponsor Development team. You will be responsible for the creation of quality web-based software components that are used by Fidelity's workplace and retail customers.
You will work closely with the product owner, scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to craft, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity's internet experience. In addition to building quality software components, you will analyze and recommend changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies. You will also be encouraged to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the scrum team.
The TeamFidelity's Workplace Investing (WI) Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports Workplace Investing's suite of Internet products and services. The Digital Platforms development team focuses on delivering creative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unrelenting dedication to innovation, which furthers a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to Fidelity's customers. This is a dynamic group that is using groundbreaking technologies to build powerful tools and a best-in-class user experience for our customers using Java-based technologies. Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision-making. The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
- Proven mastery of previous level skills and responsibilities of relevant job family
- 10+ years of experience
The Skills You Bring
Your background in the following will prove necessary:
- Strong software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Server Side Java, J2EE, REST, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat.
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Proven knowledge of responsive web design and technologies
- Proven knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis and test driven development
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with RESTful Web Services
- Strong internet security knowledge and standard methodologies
Your experience with the following will be a plus:
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA
- Node JS, Angular JS and Backbone JS
- Containerization and cloud deployment
The Value You Deliver
- Your comprehensive knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current and emerging technologies
- Your specialist understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your use of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identifying and communicating systems development processes and developing features associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Your ability to manage a team of developers, which includes assigning development activities to team members and monitoring the progress of those activities
- Your ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Your strong analytical skills and ability to tackle issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Your ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Your ability to present formal and informal presentations in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Your ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Your ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Your ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Your strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Your desire to be detail-attentive, very responsive and committed to quality
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website