The Workplace Investing (WI) DC Services technology group within Fidelity Investments is responsible for the development and maintenance of technology solutions supporting Fidelity's Defined Contribution (DC) business.
The DC Services team is regularly engaged in the top WI strategic programs. Below are two programs that are currently under this team's management.
- The $35 million DC Services Next Generation program is a multi-year initiative to re-architect the platform to support the next 15 years of WI Growth. This is an exciting partnership with Microsoft Consulting, with an ultimate goal of leading Fidelity and the industry in development standard methodologies.
- The HSA platform has recently moved to this organization and is in the spotlight to help drive revenue growth in WI by tripling market share over the next 5 years. In order to support this accelerated growth, a sustainable and scalable platform is central to supporting this growth from a client standpoint. This is an outstanding $13M program by all accounts, as it is a true PWI cross-collaboration.
The DC Services platform serves 2 Billion customer inquiry & transactional requests on an annual basis (via various customer contact channels including web, mobile, automated voice, customer service representative). The technology stack is primarily based on Microsoft technologies including .NET/C# and SOAP web services.
This group is looking for a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer / Technical Lead in the Westlake, Texas site to be part of its dynamic, globally distributed team of IT professionals responsible for the development and maintenance of Fidelity's DC Business services platform.The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of software development experience on business critical, enterprise wide applications
- Proven experience in Tech leading medium to large sized projects.
- Advanced developing skills in Java, Spring MVC, Spring Core, Spring Boot
- Proven experience developing software utilizing OOA, OOD, and OOP principles & design patterns
- Experience developing software utilizing relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server or Sybase)
- Experience developing software applications with Popular IDEs (Eclipse/IntelliJ)
- Experience with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server
- Experience with Source Control Systems such as GIT
- Experience of any Public Cloud is a plus (AWS and/or Azure)
- Aspirations to Tech Lead projects is a strong plus
- Financial Services industry experience is a strong plus
- Detailed understanding of the software development process
- Knowledge of the current technologies and evolving trends
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Detail oriented coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills coupled with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized self-starter with a collaborative work style, and the ability to multi-task.
- Design, develop, and maintain both core business object and data access layer components
- Tech Leading medium to large sized projects.
- Write detail unit test plans associated with the design of software components
- Develop user documentation based on analysis of business and systems requirements
- Publishes clear, concise and detailed design documentation
- Works independently on complex assignments
- Participates in and contributes to formal reviews of architecture, design, and code
- Provide secondary level support for software releases into production environments
- Resolve technical issues associated with developed software components
- Develops partnership and collaboration across a global development team, project teams, and business and systems partners. Agile environment familiarity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website