Strategic Advisers, LLC is a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of FMR LLC that provides investment management services to clients through Fidelity's retail and institutional distribution channels. For more than 25 years Strategic Advisers has specialized in the design, construction and management of asset allocation solutions, as well as the methodologies for many of Fidelity's investment planning tools, to help investors reach their financial goals. With close to $500 billion in assets under management in a blend of Fidelity and third party investment vehicles, the Strategic Advisers team of investment professionals constructs and manages asset allocation portfolios for close to 1,200,000 customer accounts.
Strategic Advisers Quantitative Research team partners with the broader Strategic Advisers investment teams to produce strong risk‐adjusted performance for a wide range of Multi Asset Class investment solutions for our managed accounts clients.
You will conduct research as a member of the FPP&A multi asset class investment team. You will contribute to the investment team's successes with thorough analysis and investment recommendations that are based on solid quantitative methods.
Your primary objective will include researching and bringing innovative solutions to bear on our existing quantitative investment methodologies to enhance performance and deliver superior outcomes for the workplace managed account clients. A significant focus of your work will also be on portfolio construction and optimization to deliver optimal allocation and fund selection for workplace managed accounts.
You should enjoy working within a team environment and are expected to offer strong communication, programming, and analytical skills. You should be able to translate portfolio management requirements into quantitative projects and present the results in an investment oriented and intuitive way.
Given SAI's rapidly growing business, this role will evolve dynamically and requires an ambitious spirit. You will work at Fidelity's headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts and will report to the team lead.
Work within the FPP&A multi asset class investment team to improve risk-adjusted performance and to help our clients to achieve their investment goals:
- Collaborate with the broader investment and technology team to enhance our investment framework for workplace managed account clients
- Enhance funds level alpha models that will impact the portfolio positioning under different market environments.
- Evaluate asset/factor allocation and rebalancing strategies under different market and economic conditions
- Understand, maintain, and improve infrastructure supporting investment process
- Be able to clearly communicate and rationalize specific recommendations
- Very solid programming and database skills, e.g., R, Python, SQL
- Strong communication and presentation skills, in particular in regards to translating complex quantitative analysis into meaningful and applicable investment solutions
- Deep knowledge of portfolio construction, optimization, and factor allocation across asset classes
- Knowledge of capital markets dynamics
- Strong interpersonal skills and a real passion for working in a team environment
- 2-5 years of experience in quantitative investment research particularly for multi asset class investment processes
- PhD/MS in a related field (Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer science or related field)
- CFA is a plus
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
- Intellectual curiosity
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website