As a member of the Design Strategy Team, you will work to contribute to Fidelity's future growth by translating human-centered insights into actionable experiences through rapid prototyping and early-stage concept design. You will dig into challenging, ambiguous, human-centered problems that you might not immediately associate with the investment world, but which are on the forefront of the intersection of finance, technology, work, currency, health, global business, and data. You will be charged with collaborating with design strategy and research to understand user insights, deeply considering and supporting the interactions that people have with complex systems, software, services, and each other, ultimately crafting and prototyping elegant user experience concepts.
The Design Strategy practice started in 2005 and has strong executive support—often, the projects read-out to the CEO and chair of Fidelity Investments. The Design Strategy practice sits within Fidelity Consulting. We seek early stage opportunity areas — such as how to help immigrants establish themselves in the U.S. financial system — and help core products improve customer experiences using the human-centered design paired with business analysis to move from broad opportunity spaces to specific product concepts.
You will not only have the chance to work with teammates from leading schools and design firms. Team members say they love working here because they can sink their teeth into tricky problems, have balanced lives, and continue to hone their craft in a reciprocal and encouraging environment.
You'll be responsible for understanding the attitudes and needs of new & existing customers as well as business partners and translating this knowledge into early-stage prototypes that through iteration will ultimately become useful, usable, and breathtaking experiences delivered via desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. You'll use your communication skills to facilitate the design process and engage in positive discussions with your design team, business partners and developers. You will make sure your team has the confidence to take risks and “fail fast.”
Our greatest inspiration will come from outside our walls; our customers hold the opportunities in their hearts, in their minds, and in their guts. They need people like you to interpret their needs from between the lines of what they say. You and your team will develop new products and improve existing ones that help people achieve their business objectives.The Expertise You Have
- 5-8 years UX design & UI/visual design experience across a variety of digital media.
- Bachelor's and/or graduate degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, or other relevant degree.
- Proven experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Adobe CC suite.
- Proven experience in Design Thinking, Protoyping/Lean UX or Agile methods
- Passion for design: Able to distinguish between ‘good' and ‘great' and are able to not only identify standard methodologies but push boundaries and explore new territory.
- Systems thinking: Able to seek complex, interconnected challenges and use design to both communicate that complexity and prototype interventions that provide clarity and simplicity.
- Strong information architecture, visual design, and interaction design skills.
- Team skills: Able to collaborate in a participatory, team-based environment and support and encourage teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of deliverables.
- Communication: Strong verbal and visual presentation skills, as well as an articulate point of view about design. An ability to understand the value of design within a business context.
- Prototyping: Able to learn from failure, adopt an iterative process and understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. Experience in delivering low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Ability to build appealing, pixel-perfect and production-ready visual design assets to be handed off to developers (implementing primary and secondary colors, a typographic system, incorporating iconography and photography).
- Proven familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS
- Proven experience and solace working within a highly-regulated industry (e.g. health care, financial services)
- Translating human-centered insights into actionable experiences for people.
- Crafting the structure and behavior of products and services so that it is clear how to navigate and find information.
- Transcending mere product functionality and become something people enjoy
- Act as the primary contributor to concept sketching, wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes (e.g. Sketch / InVision).
- Acting as part of a team that may include user research, design strategy, business analysis, development, and other groups; you'll need to collaborate optimally with people from different disciplines.
- Contributing to early product development (e.g. UXPin site utilizing Fidelity components).
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit Fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.Certifications: Category: Information Technology
Apply on company website