Job Description: The Team
To be a part of the Money Market Technology Team, a group within Fidelity Investment Asset Management Technology division that crafts, develops and supports Portfolio & Cash Management, Trading, and Market Surveillance software applications for the Fixed Income MM business. Fidelity's Money Market Business is the market leader in managing over $800 Billion in customer assets.
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally!
The Expertise You Have
We are seeking an experienced software engineer with a focus on quality assurance to help with the ongoing project work of the trading, cash management, and market surveillance applications used by the MM Desk. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, ideally with financial services exposure. He/She will join an agile scrum team and play a hands-on role in coordination, design and development of application releases for the MM product line.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle process, preference is with Scrum / Agile
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or similar.
The Skills You Bring
- Quality Mentality
- Software Testing Experience (both functional and automation)
- Designing, developing, and executing maintainable test automation using test frameworks like Cucumber or FitNesse
- Experience in writing SQL queries for data validation against highly normalized transactional databases – Oracle strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming skills
- Familiar with Performance Engineering concepts
- Effectively work on a small development team
- Proactive, motivated, and have a strong client focus and results orientation approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with the technical team
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and the ability to ramp up quickly
The Value You Deliver
- Develop automated test cases and underlying components of the testing automation framework
Build and conduct Test Strategy and Test Plan reviews with team and ensure that all the quality standards are met by following the process as part of the Agile cycle. Execute functional, system and integration tests and Participate in UAT testing with the operations
- Adhere to software engineering standard methodologies using .NET/C#, Stash, SourceTree, SQL, and JSON.
Look for opportunities to streamline the SDLC especially as it relates to testing!
- Work closely with the Product Owner to define Acceptance Criteria
- Analyze test results, determine suitability of builds for production deployment, and provide sign-off documentation for our change management process.
Participate in coordinated regression testing efforts for monthly shared services releases
- Develop, document and communicate testing artifacts within the team.
- Maintain trusted relationships with business partners.
- Able to be highly productive in an agile project delivery environment.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.comCertifications: Category: Information Technology
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website