Are you energized by rapid software development? Do you want to combine the fast pace of a start up with the financial backing of one of the most successful companies in the industry? Then be part of an exciting new incubator within Fidelity geared at rapidly move ideas from concepts to scale to help bring these groundbreaking ideas to market. If you are a highly skilled Software Engineer with a passion for building products and services that make lives better, a career in FCAT may be right for you!
At FCAT, we use emerging technologies and human-centered design to build forward-thinking products and services that improve people's financial lives. As the innovation engine for Fidelity Investments, we share a point of view to the rest of the firm on new tools and techniques, while also incubating potential new lines of business.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for working closely with the Technical Lead to architect, design and build pilots and new products. Candidates must be able to work with a small team of developers in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, high risks and uncertainty.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another technical field
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, and platforms
- Proven Full-Stack development experience (front-end, middle-tier & database)
- At least 4 years of proven Java programming experience
- Experience with Spring Boot, Restful APIs, and event-driven architecture is very desirable
- Proven Experience with NodeJS is desirable
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Able to take a concept and turn it into a finished product
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt diverse technologies
- Ability to think strategically: creative thinker. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Hands on work style: Dynamic can-do attitude, proactive and curious in nature.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong software programming skills
- Proven track record designing and building complex end-to-end systems (full stack developer)
- Willingness to understand and pick up something new on a continual basis
- Communication, teamwork and empathy skills to co-develop in multi-disciplined team
- Experience with databases, SQL and Excel for data extraction and analysis
- Strong Object-Oriented skills and experience with UML
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments, applications and tools
- Experience and knowledge of Agile/iterative software delivery methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly convey information to a broad array of technical and non-technical audiences
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
The Value You Deliver
- Strong technical skills and a passion for programming
- Full stack developer
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Provide technical leadership to all team members
- Escalate issues and risks to executive management for timely resolution
- Mentor junior team members
Apply on company website