Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Database Developer to work in Fidelity's Asset Management Group in Boston, MA.The Team
The Database Developer will join a global database development team that focuses on building scalable and optimized business intelligence dashboards to unify data quality reporting across various Asset Management advisers. You will develop a deep understanding of the data, develop scalable processes to unify data from disparate sources and dashboards for data reporting. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for data analysis of stories assigned and will provide technical/domain guidance to geographically diverse teams across Boston and Bangalore.The Expertise You Have
- Five or more years of industry experience as a Database engineer and developer.
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field.
- Proven experience with writing complex SQLs and PL/SQL processes to solve a business problem
- Working experience with Informatica to load files of delimited and fixed width formats
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis
- Prior experience working in a geographically diverse environment is required.
- Proven experience developing interactive dashboards using Tableau is required.
- Experience with various scheduling tools such as Autosys is desired
- Exposure to AI/ML related experience is a plus.
- Exposure to financial domain will be a plus
- Prior experience working with cloud data warehouse platforms such as Snowflake will be a plus
- Understand and have expertise with AWS deployment pipelines / EC2 Instances / S3
- Have an extensive understanding of Python and Perl
- Have a deep background with complex Oracle PL/SQL and SQL
- Have exposure to Informatica and Autosys
- Develop, improve and deploy software using Python, Perl, Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica, Unix Scripting
- Communication and presentation skills enable you to be effective with both technical and non-technical audiences in communicating solutions, alternatives, and challenges
- Developing release plans, release content and delivery schedules
- Collaborate with partners, both onshore & offshore, across the IT organization and business as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Solid grasp of AWS deployment patterns and migrations
Solid grasp of Oracle PL/SQL
Solid grasp of Python and Perl
Ensuring all partners feel that their needs are being considered while at the same time managing the time dedication for other critical tasks
Delivering quality work that aligns, wherever possible, with the Fixed Income Data Strategy in order to achieve maximum business value for our sponsorsHow Your Work Impacts the Organization
You will have the opportunity every single day to play a role in execution of critical initiatives, projects and support before the team. The individual will also have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers from around the globe and to interact with senior management for communication and consultation purposes!
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website