Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Mobile Developer (Android) to work in Fidelity's Healthcare Group in Durham, NC.
The Fidelity Health Care Technology group is actively seeking a Senior Android Engineer to help craft and build the next generation mobile solutions for use across the digital health care applications suite.
As a Senior Android Engineer within the Fidelity Health Care Technology Group, you will be encouraged to work closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors to review requirements, build technical designs and implement solutions in an Agile environment.
Expertise You Have
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Verifiable experience as a technical leader using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in a large, enterprise environment, preferably as part of a team of Android engineers
- Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Solid knowledge with Kotlin/Java and the Open Source stack technologies
- In-depth knowledge secure coding standards and practices
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar, JaCoCo or equivalent)
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization
The Skills You Bring
- The ability to work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- A desire and aptitude for learning innovative technologies
- Previous experience using business requirements to develop technical designs and define architectural strategies and solutions
- Following standard methodologies for code development
- Demonstrable experience integrating with APIs with a solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing Android design patterns including MVP, MVC, MVVM, and Clean Architecture with a focus on Test Driven Development
- Good understanding of Android Architecture Components like LiveData, Room and ViewModel as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
- The ability to communicate problems and recommend solutions to project leaders
The Value You Deliver
- Defining and developing mobile applications for our FHG Digital products
- Working closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Rapid prototyping to validate good and bad ideas quickly
- Writing source code, adapting existing components, and unit testing developed components.
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
- Mentoring and encouraging more junior technical staff
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Everyone craves for a way of working that allows them to fuel their best work and encourage better futures for more people. Our way of working will enable you to deliver what matters most to our business, our clients and our people. By being wired for speed and innovation with support, mentorship, and a regular dose of inspiration, your skill sets will be applied to our aligned initiatives providing you the opportunity to quickly make a difference in our customers' lives.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you wish to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website