Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Oracle DBA to work at Fidelity in Durham, NC!Summary
The Fidelity Institutional Technology (FIT) requires a highly proficient and highly motivated Senior Database Administrator with strong skill set in order to support various database initiatives. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports daily to ensure issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with other infrastructure teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role requires a service oriented attitude, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on balancing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform applications database administration (Oracle) services including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, development support & Engineering.
- Knowledge of Deploying databases, replication infrastructure on the Cloud (Golden Gate,IBM IIDR)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in Caching Solutions(Aerospike)
- Experience in Database Virtualization (Delphix)
- Proactively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC and agile experience is preferred
- Participate in 24X7 on call rotation schedule for various production support, database maintenance, housekeeping and installs
- Interface with enterprise teams for Systems Administrators, Cyber Security and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Should have strong time management skills with willingness and ability to handle multiple projects/initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Write clear, concise, well organized technical documentation to maintain standards and procedures
- 8+ years of experience in Oracle DBA with Exadata and RAC expertise
- 3+ years of DBA experience in other DBMS systems ( Db2 for z/OS,Postgres, MariaDB , SQL Server and Snowflake)
- 2+ years of AWS EC2 Oracle database implementation and RDS Oracle
- 5+ years of experience in Distributed replication technologies ( Oracle Goldengate, IBM IIDR,Qrep etc)
- 5+ years of experience in the Mutual Fund /Financial Services industry is highly desired
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as maintaining a flexible attitude are a must
- Ability to develop and drive database administration strategies and initiatives as per the needs of the team
- Ability to quickly synthesize ideas, options, and thoughts into solutions to management to aid in decision-making
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, hardworking individuals with a work environment that cultivates diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can chip-in to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments in order to complete the application or interview process. Please email us at HR@ ftsjobs.com if you would like to request an accommodation.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website