Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Principal Software Engineer to work in Fidelity's Digital Platforms Technology Team in Durham, NC!
Fidelity's Workplace Solutions (WS) Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements, and supports WS's suite of Digital products and services. The Digital Platforms development team focuses on delivering innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive, with a steadfast dedication to innovation, which champions a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. We see ourselves as a vital link to Fidelity's customers. This is a fast-paced group that is using ground-breaking technologies to build powerful tools and outstanding user experiences for our customers, using Java-based technologies.
The Expertise we're looking for
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Robust critical thinking skills coupled with a desire for growth, to learn and to engage with peers in technical and design discussions
- Demonstrated experience in communicating technical needs and capabilities to non-technical team members, product owners, and partners
- Ability to utilize a long-term mentality to help produce scalable, maintainable solutions
- Passion to provide guidance on standard methodologies and mentoring support to the other Developers within the wider Digital Platforms Technology team
- 8+ years of experience, with a focus in financial services applications
The Purpose of your role
You will serve as a Principal Software Engineer who will play a key role on a Scrum team and within Digital Platforms Technology. You will work closely with the Squad Lead, Scrum Master, Systems Analyst, Quality Assurance, Architects and other Developers, to craft, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity's Digital experiences. You will also be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to the other Developers within the wider Digital Platforms Technology team.
The Skills you bring
Your background in the following will prove vital:
- A sense of humor
- Experience collaborating in a team environment to develop, deploy, and support key applications and features
- A demonstrable understanding of the Agile software development methodology
- Extensive experience decomposing sophisticated business problems into creative, efficient, and scalable solutions
- Proficiency with server-side/mid-tier languages, frameworks, libraries, and related technologies: Java EE, Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC/Spring Boot, Logback, SLF4j, Maven
- Appreciation for and alignment to standard methodologies regarding object-oriented design, coding standards, RESTful service consumption and integration, common design patterns, secure application development, and test coverage
- Your familiarity with the following will be a plus:
- DevOps concepts governing SCM, continuous integration, monitoring, and deployment processes
- Enterprise application architecture patterns and orchestration frameworks such as Apache Camel
- Client-side unit testing frameworks and test runners like Jasmine and Karma
- Docker containerization and AWS cloud deployment and application management via the AWS console
- AWS certification(s)
- The W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and their implementation
The Value you deliver
- Extensive knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current and emerging technologies
- Full grasp of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Use of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identify and communicating systems development processes and developing work you're doing associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tackle issues and work through ambiguous situations by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Can communicate in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Skilled at influencing team members and external groups
- Proactively navigates the organization in order to accomplish tasks
- Willingness to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Desire to be organized, highly responsive and committed to quality
How your work impacts the organization
Our goal within Digital Platforms is to build a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making. You will be responsible for delivering new products and services that will greatly improve the digital experience for our Workplace Solutions customers.
- Three consecutive years on CareerBliss' Top 50 Happiest Companies Employees Survey
- A company that is committed to innovation and being an industry leader by investing in technology
- More than 12,000 technology professionals utilizing an Agile methodology enterprise-wide
- Access to premier technology platforms, OS, and frameworks
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, and passionate individuals with a work environment that champions diversity, partnership and collaboration, while encouraging innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can supply to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website