Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an SQL-PostgreSQL DBA to work in Fidelity's Workplace Investing Group in Durham, NC.Job Responsibilities
As of a Key member of the database services, this candidate is encouraged
- To lead the Database Application support functions team with in-depth knowledge of SQL Server and experience working in other databases PostgreSQL in cloud environment – AWS and Azure
- Deliver Cloud Infrastructure in AWS and Azure to meet application demands.
- Provide Cloud user management, security, capacity, monitoring and configuring application tools
- Deploy, configure and maintain database on Azure Managed Cloud and AWS RDS
- Assist in all aspects of cloud migration initiatives including Data movement
- To identify and execute improvements in database services, through automation, self-service enablement and process improvements including Performance & Tuning and SQL Tuning
- Enable solutions to business problems through deep domain expertise and delivery
- Provides technical supervision on multiple applications for PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Design, document, script, test and implement internally developed or vendor applications
- Participates in design reviews and unit testing
- Work with the systems analysts to define requirements
- Qualified applicant should have 10+ years of Database Design, Performance & Tuning experience in a complex, multi-platform environment
- Traditional Database Technologies – Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Industry standards on commercial DB technologies
- Knowledge on web services and Rest API, DevOps, JSON and XML
- Azure Product knowledge, experience coordinating, migrating and optimizing Azure.
- Experience in data movement tools to migration data from on premise to cloud
- AWS Solid understanding and experience coordinating, migrating databases.
- Strong Expertise in Database Technologies - PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Experience in a UNIX environment: shell, sed, awk, perl, python etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting and error analysis skills
- Full solid understanding of Information Security concepts
- Experience in multi-vendor environments
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5+ years of SQL Server and PostgreSQL experience including performance & Tuning and Infrastructure engineering and development support, large projects and programs.
- Outstanding customer service skills!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to work optimally in a team environment in a cooperative spirit
- Capable to stand alone in meetings and represent group with internal/external customers
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams and partners
- Ability to work in fast paced, highly demanding environment
- Capable of providing thought leadership and abstract thinking
- Demonstrate architecture and personal leadership experience
- Proven successes in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in demonstrating leadership/influence and teamwork in a matrix-managed environment across multiple and diverse groups
At Fidelity, we are passionate about making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our dedication to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and expansive work environment where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website