Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Systems Analyst to work in Fidelity's Asset Management Technology in Durham, NC.
Are you interested in joining a highly collaborative, fast-paced, growth area in the organization where you can help drive business solutions and influence change? Managed Accounts are a growing business in the financial services industry, and Strategic Advisors Technology is seeking a senior systems analyst to help our advisor business be an industry leader in this emerging space. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about investment management, problem solving, quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
The Retail Managed Accounts team provides personalized portfolio management to customers, giving tax advantages and customizations all with the aim to help customers realize their investment goals. As a senior systems analyst on the team, you will work closely with investment managers and operations to understand the product vision and challenges. From there, you'll work with your technology counterparts to deliver innovative, cost effective, architecturally aligned, and timely solutions.
The Expertise You Have
- 5+ years' experience as systems analyst, with expertise in Agile delivery environments
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience necessary, investment management domain knowledge a plus
- Strong analysis skills, with a proven track record of delivery on sophisticated technology projects
- Good interpersonal, relationship management and facilitation skills. You thrive in a team-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization
- Willingness to dive in and understand code for analysis purposes
- Able to understand the technology and software architecture of an application
- Advocate for exceptional user experience and customer satisfaction while applying the principles of minimum viable product
- Unified Managed Account (UMA) and/or Private Wealth Management expertise from a business and/or technology perspective is a plus
- Familiarity with portfolio optimization techniques, quantitative methods, and alpha and risk model analysis is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- You are a strong contributor with a sense of ownership and a collaborative work style
- You establish and maintain trusted relationships with business and technology partners
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, bring innovative thinking to your role, and help evolve the organizations practices and tools
- You have expert knowledge and experience of taking complex features and breaking them into stories with well-defined business value and acceptance criteria
- You are adept at defining clear and concise requirements that describe project scope
- You can develop and manage content to support end-user and production support training
- You utilize insight to put yourself in the shoes of the users/partners while building solutions that solve their problems/needs
- You have a passion for technology, are familiar with methodologies for scaling platforms, and are proficient at writing SQL and reading code (e.g. SQL, Java, Autosys)
- You have demonstrated experience in quality assurance methodologies and execution practices, including working with engineering and business partners to build comprehensive automated, manual and user acceptance tests
- You are proficient in Jira and are able to effectively utilize epics, stories, issues, and tasks
The Value You Deliver
- Driving analysis, design, and support for investment management solutions that help investment managers achieve exceptional performance and end-customers achieve their financial goals
- Working closely with Strategic Advisors business partners to deliver the capabilities required to grow and scale the Retail Managed Accounts platform
- Bringing curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, asking about the “why” and the “value” of new features/enhancements to the platform
- Giving to the evolution of development practices across a distributed team
- Helping the team grow by mentoring junior systems analysts when opportunities arise
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward results-oriented, hardworking individuals with a work environment that champions diversity, partnership and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can contribute to the forward-thinking and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website