Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an User Researcher to work at Fidelity in Boston, MA
The Expertise We're Looking For
The User Researcher is a core team member, working with one of our internal startups pursuing a particular new business opportunity and conducting quantitative and qualitative User Experience Research to help product teams identify the right problems, find and validate the right solutions, and design high quality experiences.
You will be encouraged to bring user centered, iterative approaches to determine desirability, feasibility and viability and help implement and streamline capabilities that will help associates deliver better products and services to our end customers and drive growth for the firm.
As a User Researcher you are curious about people's behavior and have the ability to sift through layers of associate behaviors and feedback. You require an analytical and organized attitude as well as the ability to think outside the research to glean the true meaning behind human actions
You need to be able to probe for meaning via focus groups and interviews, and must be at ease with a crowd and equally as comfortable one-on-one. You must be articulate with phenomenal communication skills.
The User Researcher role requires someone who is technologically savvy and people friendly, since this role entails sifting through and finding meaning in data as well as capturing feedback from people.
The Expertise You Have
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in an industry setting conducting quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience conducting generative, descriptive, and evaluative product research
- Experience with various methods including remote moderated/unmoderated testing, surveying, conjoint analysis, jobs-to-be-done, interviews, user observation, usability testing, resonance testing, concept validation
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
The Skills You Bring
- Quantitative: You can design and build quantitative study instruments, analyze data, synthesize results, and articulate findings in a way that teams understand. You can conduct experience evaluations, integrating analytics and other data to represent user perception and behavior.
- Qualitative: You are expert moderating user research sessions, interviewing users, synthesizing large sets of qualitative feedback, conducting rapid iterative usability testing, summative usability testing, Expert Reviews (Heuristic analysis, PURE method).
- You are resourceful and work consultatively with partners to determine if and which research methods are most appropriate for the problem at hand.
- You have a growth mindset and enjoy learning and growing your knowledgebase and skills.
- You like to challenge traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies.
The Value You Deliver
- Conducting strategic research and experience measurement to inform product teams
- Collaborating with designers to measure existing and redesigned experiences
- Synthesizing, publishing, and communicating research findings through synchronous and asynchronous mechanisms
At Fidelity, you can find it all here. We reward ambitious, passionate individuals with a work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration as well as encourages innovative ideas and fresh thinking. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences can contribute to the bright and strong future of our company.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skillset and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource.
For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.
Apply on company website