Join us as a MANAGER IN DEVELOPEMENT in Anjou, QC
We have social distancing measures in place and provide
all the necessary PPE!
Provide professional development and training opportunities for successful applicants to ultimately assume operational management and management responsibilities in an assigned branch. The program offers learning modules and practical modules in and around Montreal for a minimum cumulative period of six months.
- Work closely under the direction of program managers, and under the direct supervision of the branch manager in the reception areas, to gain practical experience and supervision in all operational aspects.
- Develop the skills required to actively manage and develop front-line staff.
- Obtain a Class 2 license and acquire the safety leadership skills and knowledge that match Transco's comprehensive driver development and safety program.
- Get practical knowledge of all financial reports, control financial statements and help develop an operating budget.
- Participate in the recruitment process.
- Participate in company-sponsored internal and external training programs as required.
- Obtain practical knowledge of employment/income contracts, labour legislation, health and safety, workers' compensation, SAAQ requirements and other relevant laws.
- Observe, participate and demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively.
- Gain practical knowledge of the performance evaluation process.
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills and foster a climate consistent with our mandate to serve our communities.
- Get familiar with our maintenance policies and work done in our garages.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a favorite related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, negotiation, problem solving, organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Will be required to work at several locations for a minimum of six months.
- One or more assignments may require out-of-town accommodation.
- Experience will be gained in office, vehicle and garage environments.
- Must provide its own vehicle for the required travel and must be willing to work at any of our Transco facilities in and around Montreal.
Transco is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Apply on company website