Automotive Technician serving New Jersey Transit Access Link
Up to $27/HR with a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus*!
Are you looking for job security and stability with competitive wages and benefits (zero employee layoffs during the COVID pandemic)? First Transit is looking for a Fleet Technician to join its team and you could be the right person! With over 335 locations and in business since 1955, First Transit is truly the First in passenger transportation. Please see our website for a comprehensive review of our company: https://www.firsttransit.com.
Our Automotive Technicians enjoy a state-of-the-art paperless workflow program that requires very little paperwork to be filled out. We utilize a cutting-edge electronic work order program that makes filling out work orders much easier and less time-consuming.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages from $22 to $27/hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- Now offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus! (*Conditions apply. Expires 8/31/22)
- ASE certification bonus of $.25 cents/hr
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage and a 401(k) savings plan
- Annual boot allowance and Safety glass allowance
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Ongoing company training on the state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
Automotive Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair, including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs accurately.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed, including parts and supplies used.
- Complete preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
Automotive Technician Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license is required.
- 3 - 5+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or a combination of education & experience.
- Previous Hyrbird experience is highly preferred
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications are preferred; obtaining and maintaining at least 4 ASEs is a requirement during employment (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Drug-free workplace
About First Transit
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website