First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs.
Become a BTW Trainer with First Transit!
Trains drivers and/or other location employees with respect to safety and regulatory compliance.
Our BTW Trainers Will Enjoy:
- $20.34 / hr
- Team-oriented Environment
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new operators or re-training of current
operators. May provide other training to location personnel.
- Tracks attendees and maintains training documentation based on regulations and company policy.
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, employee may also have other safety program
responsibilities (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience & Skills Required:
- 1 to 3 years training experience
- 1 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with
employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union
officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
First Transit carries approximately 350 million passengers a year. Our employees play an integral role in our mission to provide easy and convenient mobility and to improve quality of life by connecting people and communities. APPLY TODAY!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website