First Transit is hiring a Lead Technician / Shop Foreman to serve our shop at Kennesaw State University
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs.
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $35 / hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat-rate)
- ASE certification bonus of .35 cents per ASE you have or obtain
- $1,000 sign-on bonus*!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm with consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for tools, boots, and prescription safety glasses.
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide.
- A great work environment!
About the Position
As a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Transit, you'll schedule and perform fleet maintenance, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain service records for our customers' vehicles. Other job duties as a Lead Fleet Technician will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate computerized work orders and track progress through completion.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take action to improve as needed.
Qualifications for Lead Diesel Technician / Shop Foreman
- A valid driver's license is required.
- CDL B is highly preferred - We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair experience or a combination of technical school education & experience.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other management roles.
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to obtain ASE certifications while employed (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!).
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
*conditions apply; offer expires 5/31/2023
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website