Join First Transit as a Dispatcher and lead drivers by example. The Dispatcher assures all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position handles stressful situations in a professional manner and communicates effectively and courteously to drivers, staff, and clients. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- A great work environment.
- Make schedule changes as necessary to ensure on-time performance
- Assign trips as necessary to minimize deadhead miles/time and maximize efficiency while ensuring timely pickups
- View and edit trips, using correct vehicles and drivers
- Be able to geographically locate drivers at all times
- Reassign trips as necessary to accommodate maintenance and trip demands
- Document schedule changes
- Ensure timely performance of all trips by monitoring driver routes periodically
- Ensure proper radio and 10-code use
- Document all driver call outs, including early and late starts, and early and late finish
- Monitor drivers for the proper uniforms
- Communicate cancellations and trip changes to drivers
- Assist drivers in finding locations
- Keep an accurate record of incidents and accidents and make sure to document in dispatch log and follow up with immediate supervisor
- Assist drivers and notify proper authorities in the event of accident
- Strive to perform the highest standard of customer service daily
- Anticipate potential trouble and respond accordingly and promptly
- Inform maintenance department of any road service calls
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- Previous dispatch, customer service, or scheduling experience preferred
- Experience with Trapeze scheduling software is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment, multitask, and problem solving abilities
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website