- Administers driver hiring and compliance process (e.g., interviewing and driver selection; collecting applications; criminal background checks; credit reports; drug/alcohol testing; fingerprint checks; DOT physicals; TB Skin tests; motor vehicle records checks; I-9 forms).
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers. Develops and monitors contents of classroom training to ensure compliance. Teaches classes as required. Schedules and conducts re-cert and re-training.
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files, accident register, and follows up with the claims office and adjusters as necessary. Typically determines fault or preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides post-accident counseling with drivers. Retrains drivers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms, maintains files, and enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to appropriate person or organization.
- Plans, schedules and conducts monthly safety meetings based on region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives. Assists and participates in Safety Action Team meetings. Sets up regular accident review committees to determine preventability of accidents. Responds to appeals from driver
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on passenger management and other safety related issues.
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance (e.g., pre-trip checks-lot-to-school and back; post-trip checks).
- Provide various reports and analyzes, including safety trends. Develops cost saving recommendations. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
- Determines appropriate compliance and administrative forms/requirements and supervises the location's safety program based on regulations and company policy.
- May modify and deliver safety and driver training, either personally or through staff, based on company policy, region goals and location needs.
- May provide work direction to Driver Trainers/Instructors.
- May hire drivers based on regulatory requirements, company policy and driver interviews.
- May hire and train employees engaged in safety, driver training and/or compliance processes.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience & Skills Required:
- 2 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website