First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
First Transit is looking for a Bus Operations Supervisor for the largest University Campus in North Brunswick, NJ. Our University Bus Operations Supervisors represent key duties including dispatching, on campus bus supervision, and driver training. Our Supervisors' day to day duties include implementing all route driver assignments and fleet restocking operations for the daily bus rollout critical for our Campus Mobility operations. A Bus Operations Supervisor ensures that all drivers, routes, buses, and operations procedures are supported in compliance with First Transit standards and Safety Polices. We are looking to hire self-starters who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, initiative, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
University Bus Operations Supervisor, Responsibilities:
- Able to fulfil 8 to 12 hour daily rotational shifts falling between 4am to 9pm Monday to Friday, and periodic weekends as required
- Assigning and Overseeing route operations; able to assign and manage drivers and buses to required routes to provide uninterrupted and exceptional Campus Mobility operations
- Utilizes Cloud based dispatching systems to include, Passio, TransLoc, GeoTabs, and First Transit databases to fully integrate fleet AVL processes for tracked and viewable Campus Mobility operations
- Manage driver staffing and bus assignment requirements for all route operations and ensuring setup requirements for morning and afternoon fleet rollout
- Oversees Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) requirements ensuring bus fleet vehicles meet DVIR reporting, safety, and maintenance operational requirements
- Oversees and implements, as necessary, daily bus operations to include bus washing, fueling, and parking operations ensuring fleet vehicles meet readiness requirements
- Continually update records dispatch shift reports regarding route service fulfillment, route disruptions, safety incidents, driver, and passenger issues.
- Supports bus operations for key campus events such as Driver Training, University Football Games and on Campus events
University Bus Operations Supervisor, Position Requirements:
- Valid CDL, Class A or B with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsements, Required
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience required as a full time Bus Driver
- 1-2 years dispatching transit operations preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to quickly learn and communicate campus routes and route detours
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help in a variety of situations
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively
First for a Reason
Position starting at $28 per hour based on experience and qualifications
Overtime Opportunities Available, starting at $42 per hour
Innovative benefits focusing on physical and mental health initiatives; full range of medical, dental and vision plans to choose from
401(k) with company contribution.
Two Weeks Paid PTO/Vacation, 1 week Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website