Are you interested in becoming a Road Supervisor? Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Road Supervisor in Capitol Heights, MD. Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Road Supervisors will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Our Road Supervisors are responsible for:
- Auditing service, routes and road conditions and recommends alternate routes to dispatch as appropriate.
- Monitoring and coaching operator performance and behavior; models passenger interaction skills, coaches operators in use of time, checks and instructs periodically on proper revenue, transfers and farebox data collection, and recommends training or retraining, as appropriate to ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Investigating accidents, incidents, disputes and disturbances as assigned, in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with involved authorities.
- Conducting time point and passenger load checks to ensure schedule and route efficiency.
- Writes reports regarding service disruptions, security incidents and operator performance/behavior in accordance with policies and procedures. May assist operators in filing of reports.
- Assists in the processing and follow up of customer service complaints and requests.
To qualify as a Road Supervisor, you'll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a full drivers license for at least 5 years with no moving violations or suspensions in the past 12 months.
- Supervisory experience required
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience required as a full time Bus Operator.
- Computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help in a variety of situations
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website