Become a part of our First Transit team as an Operations Supervisor. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Operations Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Oversees the day to day operations of the locations. Ensures routes begin on time, evaluate daily performance and assist in controlling overtime.
- Prepare daily operations reports (equipment, billing, operations, attendance and OTP)
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service and ensures road supervisors are rotated to areas as needed to maximize OTP.
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers, road supervisors and CTC operators.
- Observes drivers and supervisors on the road.
- Monitors dispatch and operations daily for route efficiency.
- Assists in dispatching, operations, driving, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Works with Quality Assurance Manager and Operations Manager to ensure complaints are fully investigated and provide solutions to remedy.
- Monitors coverage for holidays, games, special assignments and all customer contact events
- Liaisons between drivers, road supervisors, clients and organization in customer service issues.
- Provides feedback and suggestions to improve overall operations
- Other duties as assigned.
Operations Supervisor requirements:
- Previous transit operations experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website