Bus Lot Attendant (part-time) in Silver Spring, Maryland serving Montgomery County Bus Lanes
First things First: Who are we?
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States.
Why join First as a Bus Lot Attendant?
- $16 / hour starting rate and can go up based on experience and skill level.
- Flexible open 7 days either 8:00 am – 4:30 shift or 6:30-3:00 am
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
About the Bus Lot Attendant
This First Vehicle Services location seeks Service Lane Technicians to perform vehicle inspections, installations, and minor repairs for a fleet of over 270 CNG transit buses for Montgomery County's Ride On bus service. The job duties include:
- Performs tire inspections and minor repairs on buses and support vehicles
- Maintains records of tire inventory, recaps, scraps, and other logs as needed to ensure a ready supply of tires
- Observes facility safety practices relating to tire installation, use of personal safety devices and wheel dollies, chemicals, and tire filters, and follows environmental practices regarding proper handling and disposal of all waste streams
- This position requires working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Bus Lot Attendant Qualifications
- Vocational training in automotive repair helpful
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Previous service lane technician experience preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website