*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Automation Technician will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. The Automation Tech will provide technical assistance to process, development, and help with engineering and personnel.
We are looking for someone who is…
- Intensely collaborative
- Passionately focused on the customer
- Disciplined executor of responsibilities
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do…
- Performs set up of high-speed automation equipment.
- Monitors, audits and provides guidance to line operators.
- Processes test runs and prepares records, charts, and graphs of results for presentation to engineering to identify yield problems or test new products.
- Provides technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel
Here is some of what you'll need (required)…
- Maintain continuous system operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing, or modifying automation/robotic system components
- Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components and return to serviceability
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance actions on all subsystems and related components
- Perform preventative maintenance of robotic and process support equipment
- Understanding of PLCs
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical diagrams including complex automated system drawings.
- Proper use of power tools and measuring equipment
- Strong awareness of safety
- Analyzes engineering test results, and implements changes to resolve problems.
- Assist automation team in the qualification process of automated systems.
- Records procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or method.
- Maintains software, documentation and equipment to the latest revision or operational specifications.
- Assists engineers in developing and designing hardware and software required for all automation solutions per specifications.
- Trains other technicians and operators on products, processes and equipment.
Here are some additional skills… (Required)
- Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Decision making/discretion
- Can perform analyses/work using some independent judgement. Decisions affect tasks and products. May make decisions or recommendations for team
- Typically requires an Associate's degree in related field, technical training or equivalent education and training. Successful completion of company provided training may be required. Requires 2-4 years of related experience
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website